Sunday, June 5, 2011

Australia Part 1: Sydney

How have you all been?!! I'm back in New York!
Australia was absolutely amazing; I almost didn't want to leave. I visited Sydney, Brisbane, Helensvale, The Gold Coast, and other areas while I was there. First, let me tell you about Sydney - I was only there for about 3 days with my mom.

It was so windy the day I arrived. I'm so glad I packed layers since it was becoming wintertime over there. I could see the Sydney Harbor Bridge from my hotel window in Kings Cross (that street is apparently a popular place for people to go clubbing at night, and a bit further down it was also the red light district).

I arrived in the early afternoon on the first day, so my mom & I just walked around the area. Sydney is a pretty small area - we walked half of it in just a couple of hours. We visited nearby parks, St. Mary's Cathedral, shopping areas, Hyde Park, Chinatown, and we passed by the Australian Museum.
The second day, we took the tour bus around Sydney. We passed by the same places we walked by plus a navy base, the public library of New South Wales, Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Sydney Hospital, Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Darling Harbor, tea house, Exchange Centre, and Pitt Street.
On our last day, we took the other tour bus that was much more scenic and showed us the views of the breathtaking Bondi Beach and its surrounding wealthy residential areas where there were views of the water & the whole city.
After those 3 days, I flew to Brisbane to see some family who live in Helensvale.

Next post will be about my visit to various parts on the Gold Coast! :) Stay tuned.

Follow Audrey Allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment