Sunday, January 15, 2012

Golden Globes Red Carpet Fashion 2012


It seemed as though mermaids were a big inspiration, with the metallic fabrics & fishtail silhouettes. Nudes/creams and black were also a big hit - there wasn't much color on the carpet, though there were a few pops here & there. My faves of the night were:

Claire Danes in J. Mendel (lately I've been drawn to black & white so her dress caught my eye, and I love the open back)Charlize Theron in Dior (loving the sparkly headband!)
Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace (she looks magnificent with the red lip)
Nicole Richie in Julien McDonald
Reese Witherspoon in Zac Posen
As for the worst, I didn't really see anyone that was dressed that badly, but some hairstyles were a big no-no (e.g. Zooey Deschanel & her bang/sideburns and Kelly Osbourne's grayish hair dye).

There were a couple of questionable looks -- for me, I'm on the fence with these dresses:

Sarah Michelle Gellar in Monique Lhuillier, which her 2 yr-old daughter picked out by the way!
Lea Michele in Marchesa (the top part just says "ice skater" to me).
All full body red carpet shots are from MTV Style.

So who are your best & worst picks?


P.S. If you haven't seen this sh*t girls say parody (there are a bunch of them out there), you must check out this version for fashion girls! Soooo funny!

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment