Sunday, January 1, 2012

ABC Family/Jane by Design Style Challenge #6 - Pretzel-Inspired Designs

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve, and I wish you all a blissful 2012! For my NYE, I spent it at my cousins' house with a feast of food & treats, chat, laughs, and my boyfriend even stopped by to ring in the New Year with us.

I planned to publish this post tomorrow, but I will be with my cousins on a shopping spree all day! So here it is now :) As you can see, here is the next ABC Family/Jane by Design challenge! (If you're just catching up, I'm one of the participants in this challenge & ABC Family/Jane by Design sent each of us a trunk full of goodies that are numbered, corresponding to the specific challenge, and we get sent an email twice a week letting us know what to do with it!)
Task #6: Find the bag of pretzels in your trunk. Get inspired and create something that will amaze me. Post a photo to your blog and write an entry explaining your design. Ask your readers to share ways in which they were inspired to make fashion out of unexpected items here and mention the name of your blog.

I was really drawn to the pretzel sticks and the snaps rather than the original shaped pretzel. I incorporated both into great jewelry pieces. First up, this pretzel grid necklace :)

Having limited resources, I simply used a black Sharpie and colored in the pretzel sticks after scraping some of the protruding salt. I used black thread and tied the three pieces together. Then, I simply just put the necklace chain through the two outside pieces.
With the sticks, it reminded me of spikes. I've been seeing this spiked cuff around lately, and well I thought, why not make my own? Like the pretzels from the necklace, I scraped off most of the salt and colored it black. Along with some white speckled branches I pasted it onto this tortoise cuff.

click images to enlarge

P.S. I have yet another exclusive clip from Jane by Design, which will premiere Jan 3!
______________________

Share with me & Jane by Design in what ways where YOU inspired to make fashion out of unexpected items are here & remember to mention Audrey Allure! Help me get to the end, and I'll be able to choose one of YOU as ABC Family's Trendsetter of the Week!

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment