Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project

This past weekend, (thanks to a Klout perk!) I was able to volunteer and help out with the Surfrider & Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project -- definitely helping make New York City beaches barefoot friendly! This is the 7th year, I believe, that this project has been going on. I took my boyfriend, Andres, and we enjoyed some delicious mimosas with some Barefoot bubbly on the shuttle ride to Rockaway Beach. Once we arrived we got our t-shirts, sunglasses, gloves, and garbage bags -- and started to clean! Joshua Radin was also there cleaning up and mingling with some of the volunteers (okay, he's partly the reason I went -- he's one of my favorite music artists)!

However, maybe it's because we were the second group to arrive or because it has been a relatively clean beach already, but there wasn't much to pick up. Personally, I would be super anal about it and pick up broken sea shells and seaweed but it seemed as though everyone was sticking with just straight garbage. So after walking around a bit and meeting others - we decided to hang out and enjoy being there.

That pile of garbage bags is the total amount we cleaned up!

Anyway, we all headed to the Bungalow Bar nearby afterwards to celebrate. We saw Joshua Radin again -- he performed for a bit while we all enjoyed appetizers and more Barefoot wine drinks. Below are some images and a couple of videos of Joshua Radin performing a couple of my favorite songs. His new CD releases July 31!

Andres & I -- view from the Bungalow Bar behind us
dream come true -- we met Joshua! He also signed a CD for us.
"You Got What I Need" - Joshua Radin

"I'd Rather Be With You" - Joshua Radin


Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | YouTube | Instagram: audreyallure

No comments:

Post a Comment