Sunday, June 3, 2012

College Graduation

photo credit: my boyfriend Andres
If you've been following me on Twitter and Instagram, you're probably already sick of me posting about my college graduation by now, haha, but I wanted to share it on my blog as well. Graduating with an Associate's in Fashion Merchandising and a Bachelor's in Marketing from LIM College, a university where business meets fashion, what better place to have this ceremony than at Lincoln Center, the current home of New York Fashion Week.

We had Michael Gould, the Chairman and CEO of Bloomingdale's, as our keynote speaker. Scott Stringer, the Manhattan Borough President was present as well. It was such a bittersweet moment walking across the stage one by one receiving our diplomas -- and of course, it had to be me to drop my diploma in the middle of the stage! But I guess compared to the girl who fell off the stairs or the girl who slid & wobbled in sky high heels on stage, my incident was no biggie.

Me with my parents -- graduated Cum Laude & with Sigma Beta Delta honors
me & Andres
After, we all rushed back home to celebrate by having a barbeque with family and friends. With perfect weather, it was such a nice, relaxing time.




 

And my boyfriend's family surprised me with these amazing customized cookies! They were handmade by one of their friends who own M.Y. Dulce Delights. So pretty and just as delicious :)


 Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | YouTube | Instagram: audreyallure

No comments:

Post a Comment