Thursday, April 21, 2011

Origins Rocks Earth Month Concert 2011

On Wednesday night, I attended the Origins Rocks Earth Month Concert at Webster Hall. I received the tickets for free (everyone in the audience did) from Origins, which we all picked up at one of their store locations a month earlier & while doing so, we all pledged to be more "green". It was first come, first serve; having a ticket did not guarantee entry. My boyfriend & I lined up early, and we were able to get in and have an amazing spot in the front of the stage.The night started off with Nikki Jean, who had an incredible voice and played the piano and ukulele. (Below is a short video clip I recorded; which I now set up a YouTube account for my blog so those who don't have Facebook could view it as well). Then a UK band went on stage; they were voted online as the most "green" band.

After, came on Train - the headliner band. They really put on a show; they sang popular hits like "Drops of Jupiter"and "Hey, Soul Sister" & some others, including one of my favorites, "Marry Me". Pat Monahan (lead singer of Train) even snapped a photo with his Blackberry & tweeted: "@train: Origins show at Webster Hall in NYC was amazing. Familiar, beautiful people..thank you all! "! I made it into the picture!Pat Monahan snapping a photo; below is the photo he took. (I'm on the left side - see if you can spot me!) ;)
The band was really sweet too; they allowed younger kids to jump on stage with them and Pat even signed a t-shirt he was wearing & took it off to give it to this 5 year old kid in front. Below is him singing "When I Look To The Sky" in acapella.

The entire show was also being broadcasted live on online, although I'm not sure if the whole thing is available anywhere now. Overall, I had a great time & Train sounds amazing live!

Follow Audrey Allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment