Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Who watched the Royal Wedding?! I woke up at 4AM EST to watch this magical event - so many channels to choose from but I settled on NBC w/ the Today show; Kate (oh excuse me, I mean Duchess Catherine) looked divine! But first let me talk about a few of the other guests.It would have been nice if Princess Diana was there. No doubt she would have looked fabulous, but it did seem like she was there in spirit. Victoria Beckham looked stunning and polished especially with that sleek ponytail, and David Beckham looked quite dashing. I love the way he styled his hair - they're definitely one of my favorite stylish couples. Samantha Cameron, the Prime Minister's wife, I believe was in Burberry, although I was surprised she was not wearing a hat! Also, people on Twitter were tweeting about Pippa's gown, also from McQueen. I thought she should have worn it in a different color other than white though, but she did look pretty. Carole Middleton looked lovely in powder blue. And James Middleton! He's actually hotter than I realized!
Kate is beautiful no matter what but she was gorgeous in that Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen dress. It was very Grace Kelly. For those who know me, you know how much I love sweet heart necklines and laced sleeves -- I'm a little disappointed because I was dreaming of a dress like that for my future wedding, and now there's going to be a million brides-to-be probably going after the same look. Anyway, the style suited her perfectly - it seemed very classy Kate. She also did her own makeup.
I was close to tears when she entered Westminster Abbey because the whole ceremony was so beautiful. Kate wanted it to be like an English Garden, which explains the trees. I wanted to see more flowers but it definitely seemed more modern that way. Apparently, Harry whispered to William, "Wait 'til you see her" as Kate was making her way down the aisle. Then, William was seen telling Kate, "You look beautiful" as she arrived; so sweet!
The balcony kiss was so quick, it was almost a peck. However, they did give us a second kiss (still short, but a second kiss nonetheless). Overall, it truly seemed like I was watching a fairy tale happening live. Congrats to the now Duke & Duchess of Cambridge! (Although they're Prince and Princess in my mind, just because I like those titles better :P .) What were your thoughts on the Royal Wedding?

- Images from AOL & OnSugar

Follow Audrey Allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment