Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wedding Salon NYC Showcase

Feeding into my Royal Wedding fever, I was invited to attend the Wedding Salon showcase here in NYC held at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Basically it was a place where brides to be can find event planners, entertainment, registries, food/catering, gowns, and many more ideas to help them plan their special days. It was absolutely fabulous, and I enjoyed myself even though I'm not getting married anytime soon.

I brought my friend Tanuka and we visited many booths, met some great people, networked, sampled h'or deurves (there was one that had smoked ham w/ plum chutney on a biscuit & it was heaven!!), cakes & macarons, and took plenty of photos.
Magnolia Photo Booth even allowed guests to take free photobooth photos and they provided fun props such as fake mustaches, big lips, hats, feather boas, etc. Tanuka & I took two sets - one with props, one normal (I haven't had a chance to scan them yet but the image shown below is a photo of the photos.) I went to a wedding where there was a photo booth set up, and guests can take photos & choose one to paste into the guest book - it's a great, creative idea! Another great way to keep those memories was to frame them. Purple Raincoat can beautifully frame photos, invitations, etc. & arrange them aesthetically (a sample is pictured above). It definitely can seem like the perfect snapshot of a wonderful memory.

We also sat down to get our caricatures drawn by Steve Nyman. I thought that they were such a great idea for a wedding as well , and the caricatures itself could be fun party favors - for any party! [click to enlarge photos]
There were displays of beautiful table arrangements and cakes. My favorite table arrangement was definitely the Disney Fairy Tale one; they also gave out these super cute pens! Adorable! And my favorite looking cake was done by Nicolle.

Of course, there were gowns designed by Carolina Herrera, Jaehee Bridal, and The White Gown displayed around the venue. Below are many other pictures from the event [click to enlarge].



So who will be watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow? I will be tweeting as I watch. Join me in the conversation @audreyallure :)

Follow Audrey Allure.

No comments:

Post a Comment