Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Guest Post: (you are my) Sunshine Design

Good morning! I am so excited to be here on Stilettos & Diaper Bags; one of my favorite blogs! As an interior decorator, I like to find inspiration in the most unlikely of places and I like to translate that into fantastic spaces! For my guest post, I'm looking to Lisa for inspiration :]

 

Here's one of my favorite looks from my pretty friend! I love her in this gorgeous orange Kristin Hassan number. It looks so amazing with her hazel eyes!

 



 

and here's the room I based around it:

 

 
SADB Orange Inspiration
 
 

Bold bedding grounded by neutral colored pieces. A little ethnic touch with the rug and lots of shiny surfaces. Masculine dark browns and solid furniture pieces are set off with feminine curves, arches and a stunning starburst mirror :]

 

Let's look at another one!

 

I LOVE this dress on Lisa! The head to toe black is elegant & dramatic, but the cutouts are young & fun! And as a mama of two (or anyone for that matter) she looks fantastic in it! Anchored with a neutral shoe and accessorized with some boho jewels, this look is begging to be transformed into a room! [maybe that's just me hearing the begging?] ;]

 



 

I'm thinking a dining room:

 

 
SADB Black Inspiration
 
 

Grounded by a neutral rug, the big black dining room table is the statement piece of the room. The chairs at the head & end of the table are elegant and sophisticated, the flanking chairs have whimsical & light cutouts. The chandelier is the jewel in the crown and lights up the accessories around the room, including the oh-so-necessary bar cart! :]

 

I'm feeling inspired to do one more, how about you? My last inspiration picture is from way back when aka the second month of Lisa's blog, February 2010, because I love this outfit! She looks adorable, but it also provides a great color palette to build off of and the young, hip style is perfect for a living room, don't you think so?! Me too! :]

 



 

And in room form:

 
SADB Yellow&Gray Inspiration
 
 

I love this one! There is pattern & texture. It is light & bright, but sophisticated and balanced. I love that the 2 sofas aren't identical. It all works because the color palette is simple but refined. I think I could relax and hang out in this room, no problem!

 

Hope you enjoyed my little project! "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" - Pablo Picasso. Inspiration is all around; never stop looking for it, no matter where you are or what you are looking at :]

 




[you are my]
Sunshine Design
[Sunshine Design Online][Sunshine Run Club]

No comments:

Post a Comment