Thursday, July 21, 2011

Olive Burgers


I don't know the origin of the
Olive Burger, but they're popular on
menus here in Michigan.

Hubby and I recently ate at the
Peanut Barrel in East Lansing
and loved the savory taste of the
olive burger sauce they put on top.

I tried to reproduce it and here's
my recipe taste-tested and approved
by my hubby:

Olive Burger Sauce
1 cup mayonaise
1 cup chopped green olives w/pimentoes
2 TBS ketchup
1 TBS mustard (I used grainy)
1/2 tea. onion powder

Measure out the olives...


And, run your knife through them
so they're chopped like this:


Whisk the ketchup and mustard
with the mayonnaise in a medium bowl.


Whisk in the onion powder.


Stir in the olives.
Refrigerate the sauce until ready to serve.


The Burger
2 lbs. ground chuck
1 medium onion
barbecue seasoning

Chop the onion...


Mix it into the ground chuck
and sprinkle with barbecue seasoning.
You can use any type you enjoy
such as mesquite.


Form into patties.


I like to grill over high heat to sear
the outside while
keeping the inside juicy.

Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, but
keep checking.


These burgers are especially good
served with my

No comments:

Post a Comment