Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cookie Week 2010- Cookie #3

This is a new recipe. In theory this cookie should have been amazing, it ended up being a pain in my ass! Seriously!
Photobucket
Photobucket
okay, so I have never baked with carmel before. I did not know that whatever you warm the carmel up in would end up being a throw away dish! I actually threw the spoon I used to mix the carmel too! That stuff dries so hard! Crazy.
Anyway, the cookies turned out great. My husband ate a lot of them and me not so much. I don't like how the carmel sticks in your teeth. I do like the fudge/nut/sugar cookie side though and ate a few of those any passed the carmel side over to my man.

He's the recipe:
1 pouch Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
(Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch)
2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
12 caramels, unwrapped (more like 20!)
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup hot fudge topping
36 Pecan halves

1. Make cookie dough as directed on package, stirring in flour. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375°F 11 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; place cookies on cooling rack.
2. Microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Dip one side of each cookie at an angle into caramel mixture to coat top half; spread if necessary. If caramel thickens, add up to 1 teaspoon additional milk and reheat.
3. Spread about 1 teaspoon fudge topping on top of each cookie. Place pecan half on topping. Let stand about 15 minutes until toppings are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment