Friday, September 16, 2011

Lela Rose/Daryl K/Parkchoonmoo

The Lela Rose S/S 2012 show was another favorite. Before the models walked down the runway, the designer played John Lennon's "Imagine". It was fun to listen to the audience sing along together for the "oooh-ooh" at the end of the verses. It was her tribute (many other designers included something that day) to the anniversary of 9/11.

The one above is my favorite look that she sent down the runway. She was heavily inspired by the neon signs in Las Vegas and Coney Island, which was evident in her whimsical, colorful, and fun pieces.

_________________________________

Daryl K's collection was very edgy & colorful. There were hints of bold prints, and all the looks could be easily taken to the streets. I'm going to let the pictures do the talking:

_________________________________


Then, I rushed to the Parkchoonmoo show. That day, it seemed like flowing, watercolor prints, and touches of bold colors were a trend. Demi Park, designer of Parkchoonmoo, was deeply inspired by Korea's beauty. The fabrics have been dyed and soaked in color, mimicking the rippling effect of a stone thrown in the water.

_________________________________

Click images to enlarge. All photos were taken by me. I have many more images posted on my Facebook fan page. To see the finale walks of each of these shows, taken by my camera - check out my blog's YouTube page!

Or follow me on Twitter @audreyallure to stay tuned for more upcoming posts! I will definitely share the experience with you :)

Previous NY Fashion Week S/S 2012 Posts: Matt Bernson | Number:Lab/Yuna Yang | Spoil Me Fashion/Samantha House/Rachel Antonoff | United Bamboo/Costello Tagliapietra/Ivana Helsinki | Honor/4 Corners of a Circle

P.S. Stay tuned for my coverage of the Betsey Johnson show! Will be posting on Monday :) Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment