Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Siki Im / Final Notes on NYFW

Okay, I know I'm a behind in my NYFW posts but this will be my last fashion week post for this season!

But first - let me introduce you to Pranesh Barua! I've been swamped with fashion week invites & could not attend all of them on my own, since some were at the same time in different locations. I was introduced to Pranesh by a mutual friend, and just my luck - Pranesh is such a great photographer. He was also very professional, prompt, and I did not have to worry about receiving all the material I needed.

Well, at first I was going to send him to the Nicole Shante show but it was postponed due to the designer's family emergency. Instead, I sent him to the Siki Im show.

This season, Siki Im introduces denim in 3 different silhouettes that come in 3 self engineered hand dyes produced & fabricated in the US. The washes of the jeans & the print of the fabrics are inspired by the deteriorated environments affected by war in the Middle East. There's also a hint of military inspired details such as cargo pants and oversized flaps throughout the collection.

_________________________________
Anyway, here's a round up of trends I've seen this Spring/Summer 2012 season:
- sheer fabrics
- peter pan collars
- yellow/green/turquoise
- Asian inspired garments
- lots of denim
- bright colored shoes
_________________________________
Click images to enlarge; images from Siki Im in this post were taken by Pranesh Barua.

Images taken by me are posted on my Facebook fan page. To see the finale walks of the shows I've posted about, taken by my camera - check out my blog's YouTube page!

Previous NY Fashion Week S/S 2012 Posts: Matt Bernson | Number:Lab/Yuna Yang | Spoil Me Fashion/Samantha House/Rachel Antonoff | United Bamboo/Costello Tagliapietra/Ivana Helsinki | Honor/4 Corners of a Circle | Lela Rose/Daryl K/Parkchoonmoo | Betsey Johnson

Hope you enjoyed & I'll have some exciting news to share with you all soon!

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment