Tuesday, December 27, 2011

ABC Family/Jane by Design Challenge #5 - Day to Night

Yay! I've made it to the next round -- and I'm so glad too; this next one was probably my favorite so far since it was more of my thing. Having experienced busy days & learning how to quick-change for multiple events in a short amount of time in addition to commuting definitely helped influence my looks.

Task #5: Take the white shirt out of your trunk (if you're just catching up, ABC Family/Jane by Design sent us a big trunk full of items which are to be used for these challenges & participants get challenges sent to us by email twice a week, that is if we make it to the next round!) and put it on your dress form. Using accessories from your own collection (or anything else you can think of), show how you would style the shirt for a day at the office. Then, change the look entirely and show me how you would style the same shirt for a dressy cocktail party. Post photos of both styles to your blog, and write an entry explaining what you did to create each look. Ask your readers to share their day-to-night styling tips here and mention the name of your blog.


Click on images to enlarge

Here is my look for a day at the office. I paired with a black cardigan, a printed high-waisted pencil skirt, and coral heels (which aren't so high so it's still comfortable) along with a beautiful cocktail ring and a chunky necklace. The outfit is still fun but still business appropriate. I picked that big peach ombre bag because it compliments the outfit and it's the perfect size to carry essentials... and even some extra pieces to change into for a great cocktail party after work!


Click on images to enlarge

I ditched the cardigan and rolled up the sleeves. I changed the printed high-waisted pencil skirt into a cute sparkly mini and exchanged the chunky necklace for a fabulous pair of cluster earrings. I kept the cocktail ring, but decided to go for this stunning black clutch. For the shoes, I went just a bit higher with these wonderful color-block heels - definitely added some color to the look. And a swipe of lipstick always make a difference!

VoilĂ ! A day-to-night transformation in less than 5 minutes. :)

P.S. Here's another exclusive clip from Jane by Design, which will premiere on Jan 3 on ABC Family!
______________________

Share with me & Jane by Design what YOUR own day-to-night styling tips are here & remember to mention Audrey Allure! Remember, help me get to the end & I have the chance to pick one of YOU to be Trendsetter of the Week on ABC Family!

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment